Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My LCHF Gyoza Meatballs

My LCHF Gyoza Meatballs


My LCHF Gyoza Meatballs
Metric
800g minced meat 50% beef/ 50% pork
2 eggs
1/2 medium onion
6 garlic cloves
4-7 cabbage leaves
1 dl soy sauce
pepper to taste
around 3-4 shakes of ground ginger

US measurement
1.76 lbs minced meat 50% beef/ 50% pork
2 eggs
1/2 medium onion
6 garlic cloves
4-7 cabbage leaves
.42 cup soy sauce
pepper to taste
around 3-4 shakes of ground ginger

Add onion, garlic, and cabbage leaves into a food processor and process until ingredients are fine texture. 
Place meat into a large bowl, then add cabbage mixture, eggs, soy sauce, pepper and ginger to the bowl. 
Mix ingredients well with hands.
The mixture should look like this.

Mold meat mixture into small balls and place in a hot frying pan with canola oil(or whatever oil of choice) over medium-high heat.
Flip the meatballs over when the bottom side is browned.  When all sides are browned they're ready to take out.




Gyoza Sauce

Gyoza Sauce  
Soy sauce
Vinegar
for LCHF add Crème Fraîche


Mix ingredients in a bowl to taste.  Some people like their sauce more vinegary and some spicier.
To make the sauce LCHF, I put a couple of spoonfuls of crème fraîche into a bowl and then mixed in some of the gyoza sauce. 
LCHF Gyoza Sauce


I was really missing Asian food today.  This is the longest I've gone without eating something that wasn't an Asian dish.  Most Asian dishes are full of carbs like rice, noodles, and sugar.  So it's a cusine that's a mostly left out in LCHF.  I really love gyozas but their skin is made from dough.  But I was desperate today and made gyoza meatballs, and added crème fraîche to the sauce.  I ate my gyoza meatballs with some zucchini stir fry.  I wonder what other Asian dishes I can make into LCHF versions...   

No comments:

Post a Comment