Sunday, July 3, 2011

How I found out about LCHF

About three weeks ago a friend of mine named Jonas tells me about a diet he's on called LCHF (Low Carb High Fat).  He found about LCHF from his sister in Göteborg(Gothenburg) who's a nutritionist.  At first I didn't think too much about the diet, thinking to myself there's no way I'm going to go on any diet where I cut out my beloved sugars. 

Then about a week later Jonas comes back over to hangout with us, and I noticed that he lost some weight.  I was shocked that he was showing results so quickly.  Thus, I began to ask him 101 questions about the diet, how he feels, does he ever feel hungry etc.  During dinner I barely ate because of the diet I was on to lose some weight, while he sat infront of us eatting like it was Christmas dinner and he was on a diet. 

That night I started to look for all the information I could find on the internet about LCHF.  After I read through  these websites http://www.lchf.se/  and http://www.alltomlchf.se/, I started to get curious about the people who have been on this diet and how their results were.  There are a handful of interesting Swedish blogs about their  LCHF diet/lifestyle.  From these blogs I found some great tips and info, I'll share these in another post. 

After working out and eating less I lost only 3 lbs (1.36kg) in a month, it felt I'd never loose any weight.  I was always hungry and really tired by 19:00 (7PM).  It was time to change diets, and give LCHF a shot for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment